San Bernardino Lawsuit Against Tech Giants Dismissed

Last Monday, Judge Laurel Beeler of the District Court for the Northern District of California decided in favor of Facebook, Google, and Twitter and said that the shooting in San Bernardino, CA wasn’t a direct result of social media and internet firms allegedly letting Islamic radicals use their platforms.

The FBI also previously said that while terrorist groups have inspired the mass shooting that took place in December 2015, they weren’t involved in planning or directing it.

In May 2017, the families of the mass shooting victims launched a lawsuit against the three tech giants, accusing them of knowingly allowing terrorist activity to take place on their online platforms. However, federal law protects companies from liability for content posted by users.

Source: CNET

Post a Comment